Timothy C. Williams
Tim Williams is the Firm’s founder and managing owner. Mr. Williams has over 25 years of experience as an attorney in the areas of real estate, construction and business law. Mr. Williams’ practice areas include all aspects of civil litigation and dispute resolution in all courts, government hearings, arbitrations and mediations in the areas of real estate, construction and business law. Mr. Williams also represents and advises clients in business transactions, corporate law, real property transactions, and trademark law.
Mr. Williams has represented clients in a variety of matters, including the following:
- Represented owners and developers of multi-million dollar parcels of real property;
- Obtained a nonsuit at trial resulting in dismissal of case representing a defendant where the plaintiff sought specific performance of a purchase contract for the sale of a large tract of land with a purchase price of $3,500,000.00, and was successful in obtaining an award of attorney’s fees against the plaintiff;
- Represented purchasers and sellers of commercial and residential real properties in transactions, including a commercial building with a purchase price of $7,000,000.00 and large tracts of undeveloped land to be acquired for development;
- Successfully recovered numerous real properties or substantial damages in disputes regarding the title and ownership of real property among joint owners;
- Negotiated and documented most types of transactions involving real property, including the sale of property, loan transactions on behalf of borrowers and lenders, workouts, loan modifications, management of troubled real estate assets, commercial and residential leases, and easement agreements;
- Successfully prosecuted numerous judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures of real property, appointment of receivers, and injunctive relief;
- Represented the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Resolution Trust Corporation in real estate, construction and banking matters during the savings and loan crisis;
- Represented owners, lien holders and title companies in title insurance disputes, including: easement and boundary disputes, missed recorded documents, improperly executed or recorded documents, lien priority disputes, fraud and coverage issues;
- Created and operated a captive trustee company to conduct nonjudicial foreclosures for a lender client;
- Successfully litigated specific performance of contracts, breach of contract, fraud and rescission cases involving real estate;
- Represented landlords and tenants in the negotiation and preparation of all types of real property leases; and
- Aggressively resolved landlord and tenant disputes, including unlawful detainers.
- Successfully represented developers, architects, engineers, subcontractors, contractors, and homeowners in construction defect cases ranging from single family homes to multiple unit subdivisions to commercial buildings;
- Recovered substantial sums of damages on behalf of contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers in mechanic’s liens, stop notice, payment and performance bond and Miller Act bond actions;
- Represented owners, associations, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers and architects;
- Negotiated and prepared construction contracts for owners, general contractors and all trades for major projects;
- Successfully litigated various construction contract disputes, including delay and disruption claims; and
- Advised clients regarding contractors’ licensure issues and regulations of the Contractors State License Board.
Business and Corporate
- Successfully represented the sellers of an environmental business with a purchase price of $7,500,000.00;
- Represented an information technology corporation in the sale of its stock with a purchase price of $15,000,000.00;
- Successfully advised a corporate client in closing a loan transaction for $7,000,000.00;
- Formed and maintained scores of limited liability companies, corporations and partnerships;
- Recovered over $1,000,000.00 in a single settlement over a dispute regarding the sale of a business;
- Successfully recovered purchase price of purchaser of business from sellers in a fraud case;
- Represented clients in international business transactions;
- Represented businesses in the formation, financing, acquisition and dissolution of companies;
- Successfully represented parties in scores of disputes and lawsuits regarding numerous types of business contracts;
- Effectively represented business entities and their owners in disputes regarding the withdrawal or expulsion of other owners to avoid litigation;
- Advised and assisted corporate clients with corporate compliance and governance;
- Represented clients in intellectual property disputes, including trademark infringement;
- Represented various types of clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, including, but not limited to, construction, technology, service, retail and real estate businesses;
- Filed and obtained trademarks from State, Federal and foreign jurisdictions;
- Represented creditors pursuing claims in bankruptcy court;
- Successfully pursued insurance claims on behalf of insureds; and
- Successfully represented clients in litigation involving unfair business practices and anti-competitive conduct including obtaining injunctive relief to stop unlawful conduct of competitors.
1600 SOUTH MAIN STREET
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Tel: (925) 933-9800
Fax: (925) 933-9810
Pepperdine University School of Law Juris Doctorate Degree, cum laude, May 1986. California Survey Editor and Member of Pepperdine Law Review; Sorenson Writing Award, Pepperdine Law Review, 1984-1985; Author of “California Supreme Court Survey” and “The Right Of Publicity: You Can’t Take It With You” Pepperdine Law Review, Volume 12, No. 4 (1985); Corpus Juris Secundum Award, 1984-1985; Dean’s Scholarship, 1984-1985 and 1985-1986; Dean’s Honor List, 1983-1984 and 1985-1986; Third Place Team, F. Lee Bailey Moot Court Competition, 1985; National Moot Court Team, 1985; Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing Program, 1985-1986.
Pittsburg State University, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science, summa cum laude, May 1983; First in graduating class, 4.0 overall GPA; Dean’s Honor List every semester, 1979-1983; Omicron Delta Kappa, Lambda Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Alpha Theta Honor Societies, and Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity.
State Bar of California; Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California; Bar of the United States District Court for the Central District of California; and Bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Lecturer on contractors’ remedies in construction contracts.
Prior to forming The Williams Firm, which was previously known as the Law Offices of Timothy C. Williams, in 1994, Mr. Williams was a name partner in the San Diego firm of Turner & Williams and an associate with the San Diego firm of Schall, Boudreau & Gore and the Los Angeles office of the large Philadelphia firm of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
Follow Us On